Welcome to my Blog

I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

1st day of the rest of my life!


Ok so yesterday I went to Manchester to meet the WLS surgery group I met with Steve and Wendy who were both lovely, anyway after a weigh in and discussion I am going to go private I have paid my money and my op date should be around the 16th I was told this morning as my Surgeon has agreed to operate but at the Alex and not Highfield as previously planned. 
He wants me to spend a night in HDU which is understandable and safer for me to have a close eye kept on me for the night.  Oh I am so looking forward to losing all this weight, Wendy reckons I could have lost 10 stone by Christmas, that in itself will be a major achievement as I cant remember the last time I weighed that weight I must have been around 17 I think.

So this morning I started my No Carb, Fat free diet to shrink my liver, I kicked off with a slim fast chocolate shake, thanks to my new found friend Vicky who had this operation at the same hospital 5 weeks ago, she sent me the diet sheet until I get my own which will probably be tomorrow in the post.  

So now I am off to make myself a chicken oxo for my dinner, it will all be worth it in the end and I cant wait!  Today is the 1st day of the rest of my life!  

I have only told very close family that I am having this operation so its going to be wonderful seeing peoples faces as I lose more and more weight lol.. Below is a copy of my diet sheet.

DIET SHEET

Feel free to mix and match your meals eg if you prefer to have eggs for dinner and chicken for lunch this is ok.
STRICTLY NO CARBS EG RICE, BREAD, POTATOES, PASTA, CEREALS, BEANS OR LENTILS.
you can use herbs and spices, salt and pepper for taste
Breakfast. 1-2 eggs any way but Not fried or 1 slim fast shake made with skimmed milk
Lunch clear consommé soup or bovril or 1-2 oxo/ knorr cubes. (I found the low salt chicken oxo the best for me as the others were rank when I tried them)
Dinner. 1 piece 3.5oz of grilled baked or steamed chicken or fish fillet NO SKIN GRAVY OR SAUCE

PLUS 5 portions of fruit and veg, these can be eat ten anytime of day

U can have as much water or low cal juice less than 3kcals as u like aim for 2 litres
Including black tea and coffee or with a splash of skimmed milk, NO FIZZY DRINKS OR ALCOHOL

Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment