Welcome to my Blog

I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.

Sunday, 20 May 2012

My first few days at home

I have had a strange couple of days since being home, not only am I eating less or drinking as the case may be but I am being driven mad by the lack of doing to much and these damn stockings I have to wear for 3 weeks.
I am never overly busy but now I am not to do anything strenuous it appears most things housework wise are doing more than I am allowed.  I have sat doing crosswords this afternoon and even they drove me silly after a while.

I didnt sleep well last night with not being able to lie on my side, my back was sore and if I woke up once i woke up 10 times I just couldnt get comfy even with pain killers so I was up early. Had a good day since this morning food wise Henry still cant get used to the small amount Im having now. I had half a slimfast at breakfast which took me 50 minutes to drink and I was full. At dinner I had a can of weight watchers tomato soup in 2 sittings as I was full after the first half. Tea time i had 150ml of chicken soup that I had made and frozen before my op and an actimel.

At this rate the weight is going to be falling off. Im getting tired of resting though now its driving me mad as Im not used to doing very little. On the plus side my lungs dont feel bruised today and i can breathe in alot deeper than I have done since the op, may be I can stop using this strange gadget that physiotherapy gave to me when I have to inhale and keep the ball risen on the roof of the device.   Then you have to exhale forcing the air out of my lungs.. when she asked me to do this in the hospital I blew the lid off the silly thing so she said " I dont think we need do that bit now, just inhale".

 I am not allowed to stand on any scales for at least a week, not that mine would weigh me anyway I will get the doc to weigh me on wednesday when I am there for a check up and to get him to sort my medicine out to go back on warfarin.

I know I sound like a repetative parrot but the sooner I can start doing things around my home the better, I know I cant drive or go far at the moment.  My gullet feels like it has a knot in it, when in reality it will be wind I seem to have had lots of that since I had my op.  I am not suppost to gulp drink but sip it now which I do try to do but its like changing the habits of my life time and its a very difficult one to try and break.

I am finding it hard to fit in 2 litres of water a day but I am doing my best between cups of tea which I used to love are now half wasted and thrown away.   My other half laughs because I recently bought myself a big cup and now cant use it as its just to big!

Heres a funny fact and one that made me laugh, I felt my knees together for the first time in like donkeys years 2 days ago, it was strange I was lay in bed and the sides of my knees knocked. H thought I had gone silly as I was laughing, well as much as I could before hurting myself from the bruising in my chest.

Its hard finding ways to collect protein in your diet when you cant have solid food, I love my fitness pal app on my phone as it does count up what your intake has been as you input it. 
I found completely by accident yesterday that Danone actimel is a very good source of protein 29g per 100ml I couldnt understand why I had taken in so much so went looking to see which culprit put me into the red.   I would highly reccoment using the fitness pal app especially if you have had or are having weight loss surgery.

I cant wait to see this weight slowly falling off my, I am hoping to have lost a fair bit by the time I have my post op check up, mind you if I dont start doing things around this place Im going to end up with a wide behind,  I mean wider than the one I have already. 

I have some great ideas to get more active when I am allowed starting with walking my two dogs more along the beach and spending more time at the caravan, I need to find Indy a small viv specifically a holiday viv for him.  He comes home tomorrow he has been at Carlys since the night before I was admitted for my op a week tomorrow, how time flies.   
Indie is my bearded dragon hes adorable and I was so happy to see him when he was brought to see me earlier as it was hot outside Carly walked him over, he was on my knee for easily half an hour, I put this down to my hot water bottle on my stomach it was the heat thaat kept him there. 
Hopefully tonight will be a better sleep than the last couple of nights although if I dont sleep I will be back up.. 
I wonder what delights I can manage on my menu tomorrow.. Soup, soup and more soup lol.. It will all be worth it in the end and this is the thought that keeps me going, well that and planning my new wardrobe... shhhsh!

2 comments:

  1. Those stockings are awful, aren't they?

    It must feel so strange to feel full after such a small amount. I can imagine this will take a lot of getting used to! How long do you have to stay on the liquid diet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, it is strange not feeling hungry anymore, I now find myself reminding myself to have something to eat, It is strange feeling bloated and sore ish from being bloated on such a small amount.
    I am on liquids until the 5th June so is that 3 weeks in total. I then go on to the pureed stage for a further 3 - 4 weeks I think before going back to normal food. x

    ReplyDelete