Welcome to my Blog

I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Day 9 - Pre Op Assessment tomorrow


Day 9

I had a phone call from a blocked number on  my mobile this morning, its a good job I answered it as it was the hospital telling me I had a 4pm appointment for my pre op assessment tomorrow and a 6pm Appointment with my Surgeon.

I am extremelly nervous about the pre op, what if I fail it?  Daft things run through my mind will they give me my money back if I fail it or will I have to wait and do it again, fingers crossed I will get through it without to much of a problem and this time tomorrow I should be back home and will know one way or another.

I dread catching a cold or cough yet everyone around me appear to have just had something please god I dont get anything before tuesday I have eaten enough fruit and vegetables and I actually managed to work my self up into imagining I am getting a cold the silly sod that I am, I have now thought positive, everything will be fine.. keep your fingers crossed for me.
I received another blocked call after tea from my surgeons secretary telling me not to rush off after my pre op assessment as he wants to see me in his consulting rooms.  I told her someone else had phoned me that morning and said I would see him at 6pm she turned round and said no more like 5.30pm so dont rush off after your pre op.

Smells are once again driving me mad, my daughter and grandaughter were eating cheese and onion crisps in the back of my car the smell was kind of nice but sickly, like I knew that if I had just one I would have blown everything I have worked hard to achieve so NOOOO you stinky crisps you stay right there in the back of my car and dont waft in my direction in future...

I bought myself a cooler bag to put my little lunch boxes in for when I go anywhere as now I will have to think ahead and prepare my food before I leave home.  Hubby couldnt understand why i would need a cooler bag though and I think he thinks Im being silly. I will be using it for my tea tomorrow I plan on making a chicken salad to take with me and I will put some frozen ice pops in my bag to keep it cool, well its better than nothing at all!

 I stood on the scales today too and on my scales that are not that accurate it looked like I have lost around half a stone may be more..  I can only think of how happy I felt that I am actually loosing my weight again and if everything goes to plan this will be a regular occurence.. Anyway no doubt they will do my weight tomorrow and I will know exactly what I have lost.  

Hubby took me out for lunch today I supplemented an oxo and some fruit for a costa skinny latte,  I asked him to take a picture of me with the latte as it will probably be the last costa I have in the large cup size.  I have even bought myself small cups for after my op, People will be in disbelief as I have always had a big cup of tea near me and believe it or not sometimes two cups. Im a tea addict I love the stuff and will drink it constantly, it wasnt even off putting taking the milk out of it and drinking it black as its something I have done before in the past.
Costa was alot quieter than it was at weekend when Hubby had to join a big que that seemed to take ages to go down, the place was dead today in comparrison.

Bring on tomorrow now, please keep your fingers crossed that everything goes okay for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment