Day 11
On Day 10 of my liver shrinking diet, the 10th May 2012 I had my pre op appointment and Consultation with my surgeon yesterday, after an horrendous journey down to Manchester in all the wind and pouring rain we finally got there at 3.30pm.
I had my bp, oxygen levels and chest checked, they asked me alot of questions and gave me a talk on exercise and how often they expect me to do it after my op, mainly 5 minutes a day to start off with and build it up from there.
My Surgeon appeared a little bit ditzy at first but he sure did know what he was on about when he was explaining the op and the fact that he makes everyone sign for a sleeve just incase he cant manage to pull the small intestine up to meet the stomach.
I am right on track for tuesday now and I am booked into theatre for 6.30pm, yes I am nervous but I am also very happy that I have finally gotten this far. I hope that everything will go smoothly and that I will recover very quickly.
Henry is now booked in to a hotel just up the road from the hospital so he will be near by, he can however spend up to 10pm at night with me
Henry is now booked in to a hotel just up the road from the hospital so he will be near by, he can however spend up to 10pm at night with me
The journey back up from Manchester was just as horrid with thick fog and wet through roads that your wheels slid on.. It was a scarey journey to say the least and I was very happy for us to have gotten back in one piece.
I got up this morning to my admission details in the post, I have to be on the ward for noon as they want to perform some blood test that takes 3 hours to come back., its apparently to check for antibodies in my blood.
I still have to pack my hospital bag and do some shopping for post op when I get home, as I will only be allowed liquids for the first 5 weeks, oh how the weight will drop off me, I have done alot of home made soups and frozen them, I think they are to thick for straight after op though so I have Rusty sending me some rakusens chicken stock soup. I did have one in the kitchen but it appears to have vanished into thin air and as its Jewish its not available up here but down in Whitefield its available as it is predominantly a jewish area with lots of kosher things in the supermarkets,
I still have to pack my hospital bag and do some shopping for post op when I get home, as I will only be allowed liquids for the first 5 weeks, oh how the weight will drop off me, I have done alot of home made soups and frozen them, I think they are to thick for straight after op though so I have Rusty sending me some rakusens chicken stock soup. I did have one in the kitchen but it appears to have vanished into thin air and as its Jewish its not available up here but down in Whitefield its available as it is predominantly a jewish area with lots of kosher things in the supermarkets,
I was introduced to this soup by one of my neighbours years ago and I have sworn by it whenever I have been ill since, its the natural soup for me to choose to get better and a taste that I love.
I have a long list of the things I need to do before Tuesday, even though I know it is not that far away I think I have all the time in the world as I just know this weekend is going to drag.
My belly looks like a checkers board with all the bruises from the clexane injections, but everyone is one step closer to my end goal, which is to lead a healthier and more active lifestyle..
Im hoping my hubby is going to be right next to me when I am doing more active leasure pursuits. I hope he will be anyway hes my rock and my soul mate and has been with me right along the way without him at the side of me it will all have been in vane as I am doing this for myself mainly but also for my family to give them all alot more of me than they would get if I didnt do this and have my operation.
Im rambling I know what I mean if I didnt have this op I doubt I would see past 55 and on a more solemn note.. I will be around along time now to enjoy my life and have my hubby and family around me.
I have a long list of the things I need to do before Tuesday, even though I know it is not that far away I think I have all the time in the world as I just know this weekend is going to drag.
My belly looks like a checkers board with all the bruises from the clexane injections, but everyone is one step closer to my end goal, which is to lead a healthier and more active lifestyle..
Im hoping my hubby is going to be right next to me when I am doing more active leasure pursuits. I hope he will be anyway hes my rock and my soul mate and has been with me right along the way without him at the side of me it will all have been in vane as I am doing this for myself mainly but also for my family to give them all alot more of me than they would get if I didnt do this and have my operation.
Im rambling I know what I mean if I didnt have this op I doubt I would see past 55 and on a more solemn note.. I will be around along time now to enjoy my life and have my hubby and family around me.

No comments:
Post a Comment