This is the start of my weight loss surgery journey from the early days and hopefully through to my operation, my weight loss and beyond.
Pages
Welcome to my Blog
I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.
Thursday, 24 May 2012
Just as I anticipated they cancelled - Yeah I made the right decision!!
Todays update 8 days after my operation - 23/5/2012
This morning I got up to a familiar blue enverlope on the mat, this letter made me happy and angry both at the same time. Happy because I went ahead and got my op privately and this letter just proved I had made the right decision after once again being messed around by Sunderland!
This time I dont even get the courtesy of a follow on appointment. I was going to cancel it now I have had my operation anyway I just had not got round to it. It made me angry because if I hadnt of been fortunate enough to go private I would once again have be left to cry myself to sleep in limbo awaiting another appointment..
How many other unfortunate people on Sunderlands bariatric list got this familiar blue letter in their post box this morning and how many of them are currently in the depths of despair having done everything they had needed to do like myself to meet the criteria..
Just how bloody big are the hoops going to go for them all to jump through.. I am disgusted is an understatement and I have today got the address off their nhs Sunderland Pals office to complain too and also Nhs Cumbria pct so that they can claw back the funding they paid up front for me to have my operation.. You dont get seen at Sunderland unless you have your funding in place... Why the hell should they be sat on my funding, they can pay it back and it can be put to good use once again by NHS Cumbria pct.
On a brighter note today I feel in alot less pain and have had my first B12 injection off my doctor, I have to have these every 3 months now for life. Even my doctor was disgusted at how Sunderland treat people. I have managed quite a bit of fluid today and thanks to Rusty I now have my favourite Chicken consomme soup, its actually a jewish consomme de poulet.. its not available up in Cumbria so Rusty posted me 3 packs of it up, that should last me along time. I have also gone back on my warfarin today under my doctors supervision, I have to carry on with the clexane injections and take 10mg of warfarin and go to see the nurse on friday for an INR blood check to see how thin my blood is then.
Lastly but not least I lost 2 pounds this past week, I knew I would have a low loss as most people do the first few weeks after bypass for some reason but any loss is better than no loss at all so I am pleased with myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment