Welcome to my Blog

I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.

Thursday, 3 May 2012

2 Days down 13 still to go


It will all be worth it in the end, this isnt just any old diet its a liver shrinking diet to make my liver alot smaller so it can be lifted during my surgery.

Tuesday 1st May 2012
I started my pre op diet on Tuesday morning, I did brilliantly yesterday and even started drinking my tea black.  I have to admit by 10pm my stomach was growling at me so I got myself a pint of water and it seemed to quell the feeling and noice.   I had the weirdest hiccups tonight too they seemed to last ages, even my grandchildren were trying to make me jump to get rid of them lol and my grandaughter in her bossy mode said "Grandma hold your breath until I say stop"  lol well I did and it didnt work, they eventually disappeared an hour and 10 mins later.
Wednesday 2nd May 2012
Today has been another long day although I have managed with my slim fast for breakfast, Chicken oxo cube in a cup of hot water for my dinner and 3.5 oz of steamed chicken with 80grams of carrots with broccoli, I also had a plum and an apple today along with lots of water and black tea.  
Tonight I am feeling a bit jittery almost shaky, i think that this could be because my body is getting rid of all the bad toxins and going into detox.
I also visited my Dr tonight to tell him my news that I am going private, he was as excited as me although the real reason for my visit was for clexane (Enoxiparin) injections so that I can stop taking my warfarin 14 days before my operation.
I am still extremelly happy and everytime I feel hungry I think of my future op which instanly makes me smile.  I had to laugh when I left the Doctors he said so the next time I see you I will see alot less of you... Yes, I said you definatly will!  Only 13 more days to go.



Here is a picture of what is going to happen to my stomach its going to be made into a tiny pouch, wish me luck on my journey, the first day of the rest of my life.
I seriously cannot wait to lose lots of weight and shop in Asda sales lol.. Of all the reasons to think of  losing weight I think that this one is just a teeny bit random lol.. Oh well bed time for me soon if my head lets me sleep I am feeling shaky and light headed at the moment I think thats my body going into ketosis, which in laymans terms mean it is starting to burn off fat now.

No comments:

Post a Comment