Welcome to my Blog

I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.

Friday, 10 June 2011

Catch up time

I havent been around for a couple of days, on Wednesday I had my Group Seminar with roughly 25 other prospective patients wanting bariatric surgery of some kind.
It was at 5.30pm - 8pm  and took us 2 hours to drive over to the hospital, then a further 2 hours to drive back home.  We set off at 1.30pm and got home at 10.30pm, apart from the travel I enjoyed the seminar.
It was very informative for people that were unaware what bariatric entails, my hubby found it extremelly helpful as he now knows and understands something about the surgery I want.
The waiting list for our next appointment with the Dr and Dietician is approximatly 4 months, however they requested the people that are deadly serious about going through with it to show their commitment by losing some weight before the next meeting and for those of us that smoke they wanted us to do half weight and half stop smoking..   Which I thought was a bit rough but then once I thought about it, they just want you to be healthy.  Oh and they weighed us and took our heights I have lost 3.5kg in the past 2 weeks. I will still verify this when I get weighed off the nurse on Friday.








Thursday :  Was my grandaughters 2nd Birthday, I took her card and presents down this morning, she loved her dolly and her glowbaby, bless her she didnt know which to play with first.   Fuscia had her Birthday party at 4pm in the play centre with her close friends and cousins.   I have included a picture of the Birthday Cake that I designed for the cake above.   Fuscia had a lovely party, infact it was made all the more special by us being the only people in the centre, the kids had the run of all the kiddies play equiptment and then they had a hot buffet afterwards, along with blowing out the candles on the cake and getting their party bags.    Another shattered evening, I cant believe how tired I feel the past couple of day with all the travelling taking it out of me.


Friday:   I took my grandchildren to school on the school run this morning and then went to get my blood tests sorted at the Dr`s as I was having my INR done at 12,30pm.   My blood is to thin again so I have been put on 7mg warfarin , in the past 14 years I have never had such a low dose.  I arranged my blood tests for the Bariatric Consultant for Monday and Tuesday morning, they are both fasting tests and I also booked an appointment with the Dr so that I can get something to help me quit smoking, I am determind that nothing is going to get in my way of having this operation this time. Oh and I got the nurse to weigh me and I have definatly lost 3.5kg as the clinics scales matched the hospitals.


My sister phoned and said one of her friends had the operation a few years ago and was not a size 10 - 12.   She seemed most concerned that I had chosen the bypass, even though I believe it to be the best choice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment