Welcome to my Blog

I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.

Monday, 6 June 2011

BBQ and Party


I have had a brilliant weekend, we were invited to a BBQ on Friday evening which tunred out to be one of the hottest days of the year so far. I was being really good, filled my plate with salad and coleslaw with a chicken drumstick and I had 2 ribs.. so that kept the calories at bay until the wine started to be poured, 5 glasses and roughly 600 calories later I felt extremely guilty that the wine had eaten into my diet. I havent had a drink since the beginning of April and the drink I had on Friday went right to my head. Then Saturday my friend drove up from Manchester and brough 2 more bottles of the vino, she didnt want to drink them herself and insisted I drink with her.

So over the weekend, although it has been brilliant and has gone fast the calories from the vino have totted up. I have been really good today no let up on my diet and stuck to drinking water and tea.
I tried to explain to Christine the reasons why I am dieting, she thinks its a wonderful idea that I am going to go for a bypass and has wished me luck for wednesday when I have my seminar, where I meet a bariatric consultant and the dietician. I will also have my weight and height recorded too all this is the start of what could be an 18 month journey to fruition.

I am scared I have to admit, but I am also looking forward to the weight dropping off me and getting thin for the first time in as long as I can remember. I am particuarly looking forward to shopping in normal clothes shops and not just Evans and Ambrose Wilson online. Its going to be fun buying smaller and smaller clothe sizes.

I wish I had the will power to drop these sizes on my own, and I know I have dropped 6 stone in the past but over time the weight has gone back on, this way is far more permanent and will stop me piling on the pounds once and for all.. Some may say its an easy options, but not so easy when you realise that there are also lots of risks but one I have weighed up and thought about for a while now.

I have come to the conclusion that the risk now is about as high as it is from me having a heart attack and I really did need to do something about it. It is the right time for me this time and I am aware of everything that can go wrong unlike last time when I didnt really know the meaning of the word bariatric let alone know what the surgery risks were.


On a happier note I weighed myself on my scales on Saturday as I am not back at the doctors till Friday and have my Seminar on Wednesday. According to my own home scales I have lost a further 4lb so in total I have lost 15lb in 5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment