This is the start of my weight loss surgery journey from the early days and hopefully through to my operation, my weight loss and beyond.
Pages
Welcome to my Blog
I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.
Sunday, 26 June 2011
Busy week in my household!
Its been a few days since I last posted in here, its amazing how fast time flys past. My youngest daughter appears to have inherited the same Gene I have the put on weight one that takes forever to get rid of and even then you just end up putting the weight back on. She went to the Doctor the other day to ask for some help, hoping he would at least refer her to the dietician, only in his wisdom he told her to go away and go to Slimmers World and come back in a month if she has lost weight, he will then give her some orlistat or Xenical is its other name. My daughter came away deflated, she is on benefits and cant afford the cost of Slimmers World so my sister went away and found her an app that works out points for weight watchers which she has done before and she worked out how many points she can have. I have also said I will ask the nurse on Tuesday when I am there for my blood test if she can book in with her for her weight to be kept a check of.
The thing that made me mad was if my daughter is responsible enough to know she has a problem and wants to confront it, why fob her off and send her to Slimmers World at a cost which she just cant afford.
I have had a good few days, my sugar craving has subsided thankfully until next month, I have just had a handfull of cocoa pops or an apple when I crave something sweet. This thankfully has kept me away from chocolate and biscuits. Well hopefully I will have lost a few more pounds when I ask the nurse to weigh me on Tuesday, I only get weighed once a week otherwise it would drive me mad watching the needle on the scales vary between my scales and the nurses.
I have spent time on my treadmill this week but have been getting madder and madder at my iphone keep having my music deleted off my iphone, I love to listen to music as I am on the treadmill. I updated itunes and the thing went mad it deleted all my apps and all my music thankfully after my hubby spent 6 hours on the phone with a lovely irish man from Apple trying to fix the fault and he spent another hour yesterday it is finally fixed and I now have the personal email of the senior supervisor in the tec department at Apple just incase it goes wrong again.
I lost 6.2 lbs this week when I was weighed on Tuesday 28th, the nurse was more excited than I was, I really thought I would have only lost a 1lb or 2 at the most the weight seems to be falling off me and I am sure it cant last much longer.. I have been sticking too 1200 calories aday, sometimes its just to hard to have that amount of calories and then I get told off by the app on my iphone for not eating enought. I never thought I would end up being told off for not eating enough. Roll on October 20th, it seems along time away, hopefully it will fly past and I will have lost quite a bit more weight before I see the Bariatric Nurse and the Dietician.
I promised my grandaugter I would take her to a party tomorrow and I have been asked if I will call at Mcdonalds with my grandson to as where we live is pretty rural driving 20 miles to a party to come home and wait before going back is not an option as it will be time to go straight back once we get home, so we decided on Mcdonalds where I will have a coffee and he can enjoy his burger and fries whilst we await his sister.
Lastly I went to the Docs last week to see about stopping smoking, she got me to sign a form which was a referral to smoking cessation. Anyway it has taken over a week for anyone to phone me and when they did at 5pm on Friday it was just to make a telephone appointment for a consultation over the phone at 1.30pm on Tuesday. I have stopped smoking in the past for 18 months and started smoking again when I was going through a particually stressful period in my life although to be fair I didnt go back to 20 a day, I smoke roughly 4-6 superking cigs a day, I smoke half and save the other half for later and some days I dont even manage 4. I just thought I would try this way to see if I can manage to stop for good this time. Wish me luck as Dieting and Stopping smoking at the same time will not make for a pleasant environment in my household or may be you should be wishing my other half Good Luck instead lol..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment