Welcome to my Blog

I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.

Sunday, 31 July 2011

Beach Walking


Its been quite a few days since my last post in here, but there was little to come in here and write about as I dont get weighed till Tuesday 2nd August.   In the last couple of weeks, I have still not had a cigrette and its a month tomorrow since I stopped smoking, how proud of myself am I.. VERY!!    I really believed I was going to have a bad time this time and its been relatively easy.

We spent a long weekend at our Caravan last weekend and it was bliss, even the weather stayed gorgeous and I burnt my legs lol the last place I expected to burn after rubbing cream on my arms, face, back and chest lol I forgot about my bloomin legs and was lay reading the third Jade book in the sunshine.. It was only after it got dark I realised my legs were sore and out came the aftersun, they were still sore and tingly four days later... Anyway we had quite a few long walks on the beach whilst we were away and you know what just by losing the weight I already have it has helped me no end.  I actually loved the walks on the beach watching the sunset as the dogs raced along the beach in front of me. 


My son and his wife and daughter came up to stay for a week today they live in 125 miles away and I have to say I am loving having all my children and grandchildren around me this week, its going to be bliss, I hope the weather plays nice and stays hot for them.  My grandchildren spent this afternoon in the pool playing it was a hot day just cloudy and dull.


I have been relatively well behaved on my diet this past three weeks, only slipped a couple of times but always made sure I jump back on it the next day.  I was at a saying good bye party yesterday as my hubbys cousin is emigrating to Australia.  I had lasagne and pavlova.. oh wow its was too sweet, I mean how on earth can that happen?   The same happened when I took a bit of a toffee crisp over a week ago, I was nearly sick it was that sweet now which is to blame? Is it because I have stopped smoking my palate has changed or is it because I havent had anything sweet since April.  I am really put off chocolate now its yukky.  Some of my tops are now getting quite baggy so I know I have lost more weight but dont know how much till Tuesday when I stand on the scales.  


My grandaughter is being measured up for a hearing aid tomorrow, shes had trouble hearing for the past year and its worse when she has a cold bless her.  They wont put grommets in as they only last six months apparently, they stated shes going to need something long term as her paternal grandparents are both death, it looks like one of her ears is very under the level it should be at.  Im just hoping this helps her.. Her best friend also needs gromments as she has difficulty hearing too, they argue alot the pair of them and the only thing I can put it down as is they dont know what the other has said half the time.  Lets hope the hearing aid and grommets clear up their hearing problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment