Welcome to my Blog

I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.

Wednesday, 20 July 2011

My finger nails are taking a hit!


I am pretty pleased with myself for managing to lose weight and stop smoking both at the same time, its has not been the easiest thing to do, infact who am I kidding its been bloody hard! 
The worst time is when you know you would normally want a cig and would go get a sweet to stiffle the urge or smoking only I am not having sweets now either so its sugar free gum or my finger nails lol
I got out of the habit of biting my nails when I was 33 and the amount of times I find myself messing with my nails for something to do now it unbelievable. 


This week has had its ups and downs, the worst time is coming up with my pmt and the chocolate urge appearing well I have a solution for that too mini twister ice lollies, they are only 40 calories and definatly help when I have a sweet tooth appear.

I dont get weighed for another couple of weeks off the nurse, but I did stand on the scales at home yesterday and it looked like I had lost another 3lb but as I dont tend to use my scales I wait patiently for my next INR appointment when I get my weight done too.
Have you ever used roasting bags?  I bought some after my daughter recommended them and I marinated some turkey breast in sticky bbq sauce over night and put it in the roasting bag along with mushrooms, onions, carrot, peas, cauliflower and sprouts and sealed the bag.   I cooked it for an hour and a half on gas mark 5 and the result was bloody beautifully tasty and extremely healthy eating, needless to say I will be using the roasting bags more often.

I have also notice as have people that are close to me how baggy my clothes are starting to get so that is a big incentive to carry on doing what I am doing to lose the excess pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment