Welcome to my Blog

I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.

Tuesday, 17 July 2012

2 months post op and losing weight dramatically

My new home gym.

I had my 2 month check up today, everything is fine and I am doing brilliantly according to the nursing staff that do my check up. I have lost 12lb in weight this month but apparently 13lbs of fat and gained 1lb of muscle. They have these fangled dangle scales that do everything even tell you how much of your body is water.
The fact that I have gained 1lb of muscle tells them Im exercising and eating the right things as apparently if your not eating properly you wont gain the muscle. Im on ramekin sized meals now and it amazes me how i can be getting much of anything but Im glad its working and that Im getting the nutrients I am supposed to be getting and that I can now get into clothes I havent worn in ages. Wendy the Bariatric nurse told me to keep a pair of my biggest trousers so when I am down to my ideal weight I can have a picture taken with them.


I cant begin to explain how happy  I was to get into some Jeans I havent worn for 6 years, I was well pleased and couldnt wait to show my daughters and hubby.  I now believe I am dropping in size as I tried them on last year and couldnt get them over my thighs.    The belt would also not fasten but now it does and I am so chuffed.    I know I am going to have to sit down and sort out my clothes that no longer fit me because they are to big but deep inside I have this security blanket that says not just yet you may put it back on even though I know damn well that wont happen not now or ever, it is hard getting my head around it still.
I think the worst thing is when your head plays tricks your head tells you your hungry and in reality you or not as I no longer feel hungry since the day I had my operation.   The mind is a mysterious trickster that will tell you your eyes are bigger than your belly and believe me this is now definatly the case, only if I eat a spoonful to much I am now sick, which is a good thing as it prevents me from even wanting to eat past the first pull of my pouch.
I have also bought myself a home gym to go with my exercise bike and my treadmill I have my own gym now and I do intend to use it and get right down in size.  I cant wait till I can start going swimming again I really do miss swimming as I have always loved it for as long as I can remember.


I am also now into the 160`s in kgs and my BMI is down to 58, when you think that in April 2011 my BMI was 72 and I was 203kgs, I would say I am doing brilliantly and I am so proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment