Welcome to my Blog

I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.

Friday, 15 June 2012

4 Weeks post op - 15-6-2012


I came across this new illustration on what happens during a Gastric Bypass


I cant believe I am 4 weeks post op already, this operation seemed to take forever to come round but once it had its flown past and not only that but I am now 2 stone 10lbs lighter as of Monday 11th June when I was last weighed, with a little luck it will be over 3 stone.

I have everything to be thankfull for and just know that having the bypass was the best thing that has every happened to me because now I no longer feel hungry apart from head hunger which is a another ball game entirely. 
Basically you know what you used to eat before the op and your head just cant get used to the tiny amounts so if I didnt know better I would probably make more food than my body needs now and when this happens as I have written below I get the most horrendous wind/ pulling pain which I now know is my pocket sized pouch telling me its way to full.

I have to sit back and listen to what my body tells me now although I am still finding it difficult to drink the right amount of fluids especially if I have eaten as I know I cant have anything for at least half an hour only its over an hour plus before I even pick a drink up.

On the whole I have had a fairly good week, I havent had to many issues with wind pain, which I now think is my pouch telling me its full, so as soon as I start to feel the sensation I stop eating which up to now has worked.  I managed baked butternut squash and swede with half a slice of cornbeef not from a tin from a packet.
I mashed it all up with philedelphia cheese and it did my tea last night, tonight and looks like enough for tomorrow night too.
I watched Fat Surgeons on the really channel on Sky last night, the man on there is in one of the groups I am in, he was 42 stone and lost 12 stone in 12 weeks, they do say the heavier you are the more you lose. Its repeated on Saturday if anyone wants to see it. 
I actually now know the actual size of my pocket sized pouch its the size of an egg, this program really did give a good insight into the operation too. 

Henry and I went to shopping yesterday and I walked further than I have done in a long time so I was well chuffed. Unfortunalty Henry has a bad knee and the walking didnt do him much good, he is currently waiting for an MRI scan we think he has arthritis in it from a motorbike accident when he was younger. He broke his femur and had lots of outside scaffolding to hold his bone together at the time. Anyway my clothes are now starting to get quite baggy and my Jeans are hanging off me it wont be long before I need some new ones.
 
I have also started to try and tone my arms up as I noticed I am getting bingo wings so lets up the exercise with the 5kg dumb bells and tension band is going to start toning them up.

On a lighter note my Gp came running in to the nurses room last Monday he was just as excited as I am to see what the latest "Score" was  as he put it, in other words he couldnt wait for me to jump on the scales to see what my loss was and was really pleased but no way as much as I was with the 9lb loss last week.   Im the surgery guinnee pig the first one ever to have this surgery and they are all excited to see how I get on as am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment