This is the start of my weight loss surgery journey from the early days and hopefully through to my operation, my weight loss and beyond.
Pages
Welcome to my Blog
I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.
Thursday, 7 June 2012
To puree and beyond - 7-6-12
I can now officially have pureed food, at least thats what my dietician told me today and I can also stay on soups if I want to too.
I was weighed today and I had lost 2.3lbs so in total I have lost 2 stone and 4lbs since the 1st May when I started my pre op diet. I am extremelly pleased and I have notice how baggy alot of my tops are getting too.
For my tea tonight I had 2 small desert spoons of mashed potato, mixed with 1 small spoon of cottage cheese with chives and squished up with milk to make a slightly thicker than yogurt constituency almost like making baby food, well it is exactly like making baby food as I am basically going from liquids to puree and then puree to proper food in a couple of weeks.
Anyway my tea sat heavilly in my tummy and had done half the night until I had another drink later on, I have gone off tea and I dont seem to be drinking as much as I know I am supposed to do, this is something I need to keep a check on as the last thing I want to be doing is dehydrating.
Dr G came in the nurses room today as I had my INR done he was excited to see what weight I have lost the past 6 days, almost as excited as I am.
I was sick last night, I pinched some cheese nibbles off Hubbys and even though I mushed them and chewed them they lay heavy and when I took my night medication I knew instantly I was going to be sick, so went to bed and 10 minutes later I was sick. Its a very strange feeling there is no warning or squeezing of your tummy that you get as a warning.. it just comes up in a whoosh like a valve has just been released and I instantly felt better. I apologise for the graphic description but its as it was and how I felt. I went to sleep shortly after and thats exactly where I am going now.. night x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment