Ups and Downs
Since October I have been fairly static in my weight loss, I lose 2 lbs and put on a 1lb, I had made a conscious decision to stop dieting on the 22nd December until the 2nd January and yes I know that once I have had a bypass I wont get this option and will have to behave but that is then and this I thought would more than likely be my last Christmas before the op to be able to enjoy what I am eating. Unfortunatly my gall bladder has had other ideas and has been well and truly shouting at me for trying anything suspiciously high in fat so although I have been naughty I havent been to naughty as the big bad G stopped me dead in my tracks on several occasions the first being on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day night I was so ill I missed the night entirely.
December 28th
I got up this morning and saw an appointment slip on my mat from the hospital, hmm here we go I thought how long are they going to cancel my appointment for. Well its postponed from May until September the 10th so not only is that my grandaughters birthday it will also be 11 months between hospital appointments to say I am devastated is an understatement.
Why have I worked hard to lose 4 stone and stopped smoking with the hope of being fast tracked as they promised at the seminar to be shunned like this between appointments. I am furious and I know my husband is tired of hearing me rant on about how bloody hard I have worked to get this far and trying to keep this weight off too is even harder especially at Christmas.
I know I am not the only one at SRH to have my appointment cancelled which makes it worse because these people are not only messing with our bodies but our minds too and right now I just feel so deflated by them.
It infuriates me how the post code lottery means that some people wait 12 weeks from start to their operation and the rest of us wait up to 2 years well that the way this is heading and thats if they dont decide to postpone my next appointment.
I have made a promise to myself that I will try to lose as much weight as I can on my own now, whether I manage to keep it off is another matter that is one of the main reasons for wanting this operation but as long as I am under that last weight when I go back I should get my operation.. I am praying that they do not decided to cancel my appointment again.
Hubby bought me Just Dance 3 for Christmas for the xbox360 so with a bit of luck this will help me work out and lose more weight too. Keep your fingers crossed for me and thank you for reading my rant!

No comments:
Post a Comment