I spent today reading up on information on wls. I have decided that I would like a gastric bypass and have been flicking through the various sites and forums looking for more and more information on having a bypass.
One of my online friends had her gastric bypass yesterday, she only got referred in January, the area she lives in has such a short waiting list 5 months from start to finish.
Where I am going to the list is approximatly 12-18 months and I have my first group seminar on the 8th June, which cant come soon enough now. Some areas have 3 appointments in one day so you see the Consultant, Dietician and have an endoscopy all in the same day, as I live so far away from the hospital chosen by my pct this would make sense only where I am going it is 3 seperate days and appointments.
I would love nothing more than to get this over an done with now but have resigned myself to the long wait and if it is any sooner then it is a bonus.
I also believe that I may need a sleep apnea test and could have to see a psychologist before my big appointment with the consultant. I know I have a very long winding road ahead this time and have already started to keep a record of my weight loss, I have lost 11lbs so far since the beginning of May, it may not seem alot but to me that has trouble losing weight and keeping it off its an achievement and one I hope to repeat in June.
I spent today pottering around the house and repotting some tomato plants that have outgrown there pots. My daughter and grandaughter came over for a few hours and I have checked on my other daughters dogs a few times today as she is away for a few days.
I tried to make time to exercise with the kinnect shape evolution but the day just seemed to fly past. I have been using fitness pal on my iphone to document my diet and exercise and according to that I should have dropped from 199kgs to 189kgs in the next 3 weeks so we shall see how accurate this is.. It is actually a very good app, that checks nutrician and all different kinds of exercise each day. I am hoping its right as its only 2 weeks until I have my first seminar where my weight and height are taken, this will prove I have lost something since referral to the bariatric team.
This is the start of my weight loss surgery journey from the early days and hopefully through to my operation, my weight loss and beyond.
Pages
Welcome to my Blog
I started this blog as a place to reflect and remember the good times of the past, present and those still to come.
I wanted a place to remember the people that meant a lot to me in my life and those sadly no longer with me.
I hope you will join me in this journey of reflection, making and imprint on this moment in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment